Summary – Dandruff
Dandruff is a serious problem, and very common too in all age group people. There are many causes of dandruff, no specific. So I have bought for you the best tips to get rid of these dandruff permanently with home remedies. Yes home remedies which do not got any side effects.
Try these Quick Methods to Get rid of Dandruff
1. Aloe Vera- Not only is aloe vera cooling but also mildly exfoliates the skin and has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. It is best to directly extract some from the aloe vera plant- it is transparent and has a thick consistency. It can be applied in the scalp and then washed off with a medicated anti-dandruff or mild shampoo. Dr. Sirisha also recommends this herb to calm down an irritated scalp and provide relief from inflammation.
2. Garlic- The pungent smell of the occasional garlic clove may make it a No-No for some but its medicinal value is definitely something that cannot be overlooked. Garlic is immensely beneficial as an anti-fungal natural product and the benefits of raw or crushed garlic (avoid cooked garlic for treating medical conditions) have mesmerized man for centuries. Pound a clove or two of garlic and after mixing with water, use it on your scalp to see quick results. The smell? You could always mix in a little honey and ginger!
Also Read: How to Get rid of Pimples Overnight
3. Tea Tree Oil- All anti-acne and anti-fungal medications boast of tea tree oil due to its exceptional power to fight fungal and bacterial infections. Add a drop or two of tea tree oil to your shampoo and wash normally and notice the results sitting in the comfort of your home!
4. Neem- All of us are aware of the role that neem extract plays in almost all skin medications because of its antibacterial and antifungal qualities. Since dandruff can mostly be attributed to the fungal colonization of scalp, it is only right to turn to this age-old remedy for skin ailments. Natural is always the best way to go; however, Dr. Sirisha Singh cautions us to use a very diluted version of neem (neem boiled in water) for the scalp as concentrated versions may only irritate the skin further.
5. Baking Soda- Baking soda acts as a scrub and exfoliates the scalp gently, without irritating it and removing dead skin cells. Exfoliation is essential to ensure there is no build-up of flakes on the scalp that make dandruff even more visible. Dr.Sirisha Singh, Medical Director and Consultant Dermatologist at The Skin Center in New Delhi says, “Baking soda, along with its exfoliation and anti-fungal properties, also soothes the scalp and reduces redness and itching.”
6. Vinegar- Vinegar helps in treating itchy, dry skin and also helps to kill dandruff-causing fungus and bacteria. The acidic content of vinegar is supremely beneficial to drastically reduce flaking. Dr.Deepali advises, “My favorite home remedy is to apply an equal quantity mixture of white vinegar with water on the scalp skin about half an hour before a head wash.”
Also Read : Importance of Water
7. Do not oil hair and keep it on for long- Delhi-based Dermatologist Dr.Deepali Bhardwaj says, “It’s a pure myth that oiling is good for hair with dandruff”. “In fact”, she affirms “applying oil will lead to more dandruff as oil is like food for Malazzesia which leads to dandruff.”
Applying oil to a dry, itchy scalp may sound like heaven but may only exacerbate your dandruff condition, especially when you let it sit on your scalp for long periods of time.
8. Drink Water- Often the lack of enough water in our bodies causes dry skin, and this is one of the many reasons to drink water! It is very important to drink plenty of water daily to help your overall health as well as the dryness of your skin and scalp
9. Relax- Skin irritations are often caused by depression, anxiety, and stress. Try to pay attention to changes in your skin at these times and more importantly, try to avoid these feelings by implementing stress reduction behaviors and techniques. Try yoga, short walks or workouts, massage therapy and diffusing lavender, for example.
Also Read : Importance of Sleeping Early
10. Apple Cider Vinegar- It’s no surprise that apple cider vinegar uses(ACV) include being great for killing the fungus that causes dandruff. It is known to provide instant relief from itchiness and may be your answer for how to get rid of dandruff with just a few applications.
11. Probiotics- It is common that what you are eating could be part of the problem. Try a good, benefit-loaded probiotic. Not only can it help reduce dandruff, but it can help boost your overall health providing beneficial bacteria for your gut.
12. Omega 3s- Add omega-3 foods into your diets such as from fresh, wild-caught salmon or chia seeds. The omega 3s can help provide much-needed hydration for your skin from within; therefore, they may reduce dandruff.
13. Olive Oil- The olive oil (or coconut oil) in your kitchen cabinet can be very useful because it can temporarily remove dandruff flakes. Just apply a little bit of unrefined organic olive or coconut oil to scaly patches on the scalp. Let it sit for about an hour, then use a comb or brush to smooth out the hair.